Helllloooooo 3-day weekend. Our friends are throwing a ‘Merica party tomorrow, but other than that we (I?) am looking forward to lots of naps over the next 3 days.
So, to kill time while you waste away your Friday afternoon in desperate search of the weekend, here are this week’s Friday Faves!
1. Humans of New York (Instagram & Facebook)
I’m surprised it’s taken me this long to list this as a Friday Fave, but I LOVE these stories. My favorite recently has been the series he did at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. The stories of the kids, families, and doctors/staff was so heartwarming. This is also the only social media feed that I dare wade into the comments section; luckily, people on HONY are 99.9% kind.
I think it is incredible the things people share with this guy, but it just goes to show you how much people just want to be heard.
2. Hash for dinner
This is the easiest make-at-home dinner I have ever stumbled upon, and it’s easy to make it your own, AND it is Whole30 compliant if you do it right. Here’s what I do:
- Brown enough hash browns for Matt & me (I use Alexia frozen brand, W30 compliant)
- In a pan, heat up Aidells Cajun Sausage (or Aidells Chicken + Apple Sausage for W30)
- Once those are browned, add in anything–I usually wilt some spinach and chop up avocado, tomatoes, and dab on some hot sauce. You can also fry up some eggs.
- Put it all together on a plate! Voila!
3. Olay® Ultra Moisture Body Wash with Shea Butter
This body wash has saved both my skin and Matt’s skin. We both have dry skin, and this is the ONLY thing that has worked. It’s amazing how quickly you will notice, too! Definitely grab a few of these heading into fall/winter–Sam’s Club sells them in packs of three for $12.
They sell these at our local Pure Barre studio and it’s REAL HARD not to buy all of them. I want this one (above) and the TUCK tee. And, like, all of the other ones.
5. Coconut LaCroix with limes!
Y’all–how in the WORLD I have not posted this as my fave yet I do not know. But maybe it’s just because these drinks are part of my blood now, so it’d be really meta to write about. Anyway, if you’re looking for the most refreshing summer drink, grab the Coconut LaCroix and a lime and sweet baby Jesus you’re welcome. It’s summer in a sip. AND IT IS WHOLE30 COMPLIANT. All the praise hands.
Have a happy and safe 4th!